The curse of the pandemic and the spread of Coronavirus has changed a lot of things in the past few years. With global lockdown, businesses shifted their focus to integrating a streamlined and systematic work-from-home model. 2021 has been a year of fast-paced transformation, with businesses changing work modules, operations, and marketing strategies. To operate and adjust to the demands of 2022, businesses need to optimize business growth strategies.
Most businesses are adapting to the changes and implementing new strategies rapidly focusing on growth. Irrespective of the growth strategy, here are the five catalysts to boost the growth of your small business in 2022:
Create a Solid and Versatile Digital Marketing Strategy
A robust digital marketing strategy is one of the most important forms of marketing. Most people look for information online, so creating a strong digital presence is important to generate leads, conversion, and sales. Online marketing is evolving at a rapid pace, so it is crucial to stay informed and be at par to grow the business’s visibility. The search engines and social media platforms change their algorithms frequently, so it is important to be acquainted with the latest for online growth.
Here are some of the digital marketing instruments you can use for the growth of your business:
- Keep changing the strategy as per the latest algorithm. If it is hard for you as a business owner to focus on digital marketing, hire professionals to develop a plan.
- Keep the website content fresh and updated. Make sure to integrate SEO to improve the search engine ranking for the website.
- Email marketing is a solid strategy for sending personalized emails to loyal and prospective customers. Send informative newsletters to keep the customers interested and informed.
- Social media is one of the best mediums for digital marketing and connecting with your target audience. Social media content helps create visibility, generate interest, loyalty, sales, and hence overall business growth.
- Influencer marketing – This is fairly new but one of the most persuasive marketing tactics. Social media influencers are those who have thousands to millions of followers. Collaborating with influencers or working on a paid campaign helps in further creating visibility and brand trust.
- Paid digital marketing – The PPC (Pay-per-click) digital marketing campaign is highly effective in generating substantial traffic. SEO optimizing the advert and bidding on keywords increases the advert’s visibility to the relevant target audience. The PPC campaign helps increase lead conversion and overall sales.
Focus on Video Marketing for the Business
Video marketing is something you cannot ignore if you want to catalyze the growth of your small business in India. Videos are well-perceived and keep the user engaged longer than photos, thereby, creating a visual impact and connecting with your audience on a personal level. Videos are engaging and easy to understand as compared to blogs and articles. Adopting a video marketing plan for the business is a catalyst that will boost the business’s growth.
Here are some of the ways videos can be used for marketing purposes:
- Create a YouTube channel for the business and upload long-form video content. One can start creating and editing videos for their Youtube channel with the help of a free youtube video editor available online for small businesses. Diversify the video content to keep the audience engaged.
- Create short-form content for social media to entertain the target audience. Give a sneak peek of a new product or service launch, behind-the-scenes stories, and create informative video content.
- A storytelling video is a great way to awaken the emotional response of the target audience. It can be a brand story or a short story revolving around the business.
- Improve and work on Customer Experience
The growth and reputation of the business largely depend on how the customers perceive it. One main catalyst for growing small businesses is focusing on excellent customer service. Investing time, effort, and money in maintaining a relationship with customers is important. Always respond to the customers well and make sure to engage with them from time to time. Respond to criticism and negative feedback in a constructive manner.
One of the best ways to engage with the audience or customers in real-time is by going live and answering questions. Q&A live video sessions help the target customers get instant answers to their questions and build trust and credibility towards the brand.
Cultivate a strong sense of community and establish solid communication with the customers. Make sure to respond to the comments and reviews left by the customers. Building a strong relationship with the customer is key to getting better reviews on the internet, building trust, and increasing overall sales. Offer time-to-time discounts and special offers for loyal customers.
Build a strong team
Many small businesses often overlook the power of a strong team at work. The interest, productivity, and greatness of a business depend on the people who work together to make it happen. Focus on hiring the right people and treating them well so that it boosts the overall business growth. Great businesses aren’t built by individuals but by great teams. Work together and acknowledge the hard work put in by the people around you to boost morale.
If you do not have the budget to hire a team full-time, it is best to outsource some of the work or hire a virtual assistant. There is a lot of work to be done in scaling up a small business. Hiring a virtual assistant helps boost efficiency and gives you time to focus on the major operation of the business. Reduce the unnecessary workload and outsource it to achieve the business growth and goals.
Be open to changes and new ideas
Flexibility and openness to new ideas can do brilliantly for a small business. With everything changing at lightning speed, stay updated on the market and build a strong foundation on the latest trends. Do take recommendations from customers, peers, and the team to collate data and form strategies that work. Do not be afraid to experiment and try new ideas. Think out of the box and be creative to keep things fresh. Experiment with new ideas for launching a new product or service and focus on marketing it uniquely highlighting its key features and selling points.
Small businesses have grown rapidly during the pandemic but those that focused on customer satisfaction and feedback have thrived even more so. No matter how good your idea is, a lack of effective execution will lead to the failure of the business. Use the above information strategically as a catalyst for growing and expanding your small business.